Dear patients and family:
Your well-being and the health of our patients and staff are our number one priority. Hence, we wish to make you aware, informed, and prepared about Coronavirus (COVID-19) which remains a fluid situation and we want to acknowledge the concern that effect and impact all of us.
After the recent news of the patients in the Dallas community with positive tests, the following has been established:
- You are welcome to keep your appointment, cancel or postpone it, specifically if you are at risk or at your discretion. Please call 972-566-4660 if you are cancelling or changing an appointment time. Our providers will be offering telemedicine options for some appointments. These visits can be scheduled by calling our main number at 972-566-4660. Please be sure to request telemedicine to avoid confusion.
- Medical City Hospital staff are screening all visitors at the entry of the building to minimize the number of possibly infected patients who have traveled in the last fourteen days or are displaying any symptoms.
- Following Medical City Dallas Hospital guidelines, we will immediately begin limiting the number of visitors who may attend appointments alongside our patients. Only one adult per patient at a time, and we request you strongly consider not bringing your children under the age of 16 years old with you to an appointment.
Do I need to go to the ER?
No, not if you don’t have any emergency warning signs such as high fever or severe shortness of breath. Call your primary care doctor at the first sign of symptoms. This will help limit the spread of the virus in our community. It will also allow emergency departments to care for patients with the most critical needs first. Please note, if you utilize one of Vernon and Waldrep OBGYN physicians as your primary care doctor, we do not have the ability to test for Coronavirus.
Medical City Dallas Hospital created a free screening and virtual visit so that we can help you. You must complete the online questionnaire and perform the virtual visit first so we can direct you to the appropriate point of care.
2. Look for COVID-19 announcement
3. Start Screening Now, to begin the process your virtual visit.
How important is it to practice social distancing now?
We should be practicing social distancing to minimize the spread of the virus. When we stay away from many people, we deprive the virus the opportunity to move from one person to another. What does that mean in everyday actions?
- Stay at home as much as possible.
- Avoid gathering in public places.
- Get your exercise outside rather than in a space with groups of people.
- Take advantage of grocery delivery and pick-up services or shop when it is less crowded. Keep 6 feet away from other people.
- Avoid handshakes, hugs, and kisses.
Please be patient with our physicians, clinicians and staff since we too are facing these challenges alongside you. Our office has strict rules for all our physicians and staff to stay home if they too are displaying symptoms or have been exposed. Therefore, there may come a time that we will be meeting all your needs with a skeleton crew.
Please understand that we are all in this together and can overcome any challenges with empathy and understanding of difficulties at hand.
Stay Well, The Doctors at Vernon and Waldrep OBGYN.